X

exhuast sound...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhuast sound...

I recently replaced the carbs on my 05 kat 750. bike runs awesome. I recently noticed a weird sound. I was reving the engine in neutral and around 4k I let off and a metallic sound came from the exhaust area. so I snapped the throttle again and it made the sound again. I checked the clamps and bolts everything was tight. I drove the bike and it doesn't make the sound in gear( I don't think anyways) Its a quick metallic sound. The pipe is stock. anybody else run into this. Thanks guys ur the best.

dconners, i also have this issue with my katana. i have a 2002 600. it only does it once in a while tho. im also looking for an aftermarket exhaust for mine. anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by dconnors View Post
      I recently replaced the carbs on my 05 kat 750. bike runs awesome. I recently noticed a weird sound. I was reving the engine in neutral and around 4k I let off and a metallic sound came from the exhaust area. so I snapped the throttle again and it made the sound again. I checked the clamps and bolts everything was tight. I drove the bike and it doesn't make the sound in gear( I don't think anyways) Its a quick metallic sound. The pipe is stock. anybody else run into this. Thanks guys ur the best.
      make sure there arnt any rocks inside of the exhaust.i had that problem and coudnt figure it out.till I seen the little bastard kid next door stuffing rocks in it
      YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

katfuern: there are a ton of threads about aftermarket exhaust. but before you get one make sure you get a jet kit installed.

daddijuggalo: I would have gotten it on camera and made the parents buy me an aftermarket one. one that cost around $500. that would make them pay more attention to there kids! Thanks ill take it off and see if I can get anything to come out

Comment

thanks daddijuggalo. im gonna make a guess and say that the bike wont run right with an exhaust thats more open without a jet kit? it would set the fuel trim off?

Comment

Working...
          X