X

1993 Suzuki Katana wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Suzuki Katana wont start

i bought it running last season, and a week ago i went out to start it and it wouldnt start. The first thing i did was check and see if i had spark, i didn't. I cracked my on/off switch while putting it away, and i was wondering if that could be stopping it from starting, even though the starter is still turning?

Mmmmmmm,yes. if the switch is broken, you may have done somthing to the contact bar. just pull the control and look, may have popped a screw loose.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If the switch was busted in the off position it wouldn't crank.
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by Troctor View Post
        i bought it running last season, and a week ago i went out to start it and it wouldnt start. The first thing i did was check and see if i had spark, i didn't. I cracked my on/off switch while putting it away, and i was wondering if that could be stopping it from starting, even though the starter is still turning?

The kill switch works by grounding power from the coils and making them not spark. It should also kill the starter relay from triggering the starter though, but damaged parts can sometimes do odd things.

Get a volt meter and start testing things. You can get one at walmart for under $15 and it's very handing in helping to find electrical issues with your bike.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X