X

Tune up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune up

Well broke down and bought the motion pro chain tool. Haven't done it yet but next on the list. Replaced the k&n replacement air filter for $50 oem and what a difference it made. Easier start up with smoother and quicker acceleration. I strongly advise anyone that does not have oem, to get one! Still have to change oil, change brake pads, install jet kit, adjust the valves, and replace the fork oil. On a side note, changed the plugs that had roughly 8500 miles and all were same color and actually looked pretty good. I would say its running good. Just had to put all this out there, girlfriend doesn't give two shits about it. Haha

"Girlfriend doesn't give a shit"
    Lol I think many of us on here can relate to that. Good luck with finishing everything else up!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I have an RK 530 kit and the MP chain tool in the mail as we speak. Just got back from HF, picking up a bunch of tools to do the chain replacement. I feel your pain on the 'breaking down and getting the chain tool.'

While you're tuning everything up, it wouldn't hurt to check your brake fluid and maybe change it. Also, make sure your throttle, clutch and choke cables are in order (lubed and adjusted). If you haven't done so already.
      Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
        just got back from hf, picking up a bunch of tools.
        fail!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          fail!
          LOL thanks! I needed a good laugh. I know the tools are very cheap. I'm banking on the fact that I only use the tools for 'light' MC work and really nothing else. So, they shouldn't get much use other than the few times that I will use them for my bike.
          Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
            LOL thanks! I needed a good laugh. I know the tools are very cheap. I'm banking on the fact that I only use the tools for 'light' MC work and really nothing else. So, they shouldn't get much use other than the few times that I will use them for my bike.
            Try the one time you'll use them on your bike. If you're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Try the one time you'll use them on your bike. If you're lucky.
              Fingers crossed:bunny2
              Extra life.

Comment

Didn't think about lubing the cables. Good eye Rockat! Changed both front and rear brake fluid towards end of summer so that's all good. Finding time to do all this is like finding a needle in a haystack haha.

Comment

Originally posted by uncltommy77 View Post
                  Didn't think about lubing the cables. Good eye Rockat! Changed both front and rear brake fluid towards end of summer so that's all good. Finding time to do all this is like finding a needle in a haystack haha.
                  I hear you! Time is the key factor.
                  Extra life.

Comment

Well got the brake pads changed and chain and sprockets. All this was first time, took 5hrs and after 10 pm in the dark with a drop light haha. No time and got tired of it needing to be done. And O how the difference is with new chain and sprockets. So smooth, quite, no jerking, and over all feels like a new bike. Wasn't really complicated but kind of nerve racking being new territory. Chain tool was pretty easy to use to. Now just have the jet kit and valve adjustment and think I got her licked. Figured I'd share.

Comment

1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                      X