X

Headlight Irrational Function

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Irrational Function

I have a 2004 Katana 600. My low beams give me a bright right side and a dim left side. When I turn them to high beams I only get the right side. (side referenced as when riding)

These are new bulbs and I have detected no corrosion. There is also no malfunction when changing from low to high; and the lights never randomly shut off while riding.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by 04WhiteKat View Post
    I have a 2004 Katana 600. My low beams give me a bright right side and a dim left side. When I turn them to high beams I only get the right side. (side referenced as when riding)

These are new bulbs and I have detected no corrosion. There is also no malfunction when changing from low to high; and the lights never randomly shut off while riding.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The bulb that is high beam when your on low, and no beam on high... has been inserted into it's socket 180 degrees out. Remove it carefully as this may be problematic now, but once out... make sure to insert it correctly.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      The bulb that is high beam when your on low, and no beam on high... has been inserted into it's socket 180 degrees out. Remove it carefully as this may be problematic now, but once out... make sure to insert it correctly.

Krey
      Actually, the high beam that is on low is the Right. The right side is also the only headlamp that is on for High beam.

The left side is dim on low beam and not on at all on high beam.

Comment

check your gound connections and voltage at the plug.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X