Drive Chain help-stalls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Chain help-stalls

how much slack should the chain on my 1994 suzuki katana 600 have in inchs
    ok im a new rider and i got the down shifting going to a stop ok but when im going and i pull the cluck or let go of the throttle to slow down a little some times the bike just turns off i dont know if im in to high of a gear or what but its hard to ride to pull over and start it back up any help would be nice

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
    how much slack should the chain on my 1994 suzuki katana 600 have in inchs
    ok im a new rider and i got the down shifting going to a stop ok but when im going and i pull the cluck or let go of the throttle to slow down a little some times the bike just turns off i dont know if im in to high of a gear or what but its hard to ride to pull over and start it back up any help would be nice

First, it's not your chain that is the problem. It's more likely an issue with carb cleanliness or adjustments causing the engine to run poorly and thus die when warm at idle. (pull in clutch, engine drops to idle..)

There is a remote possibility your clutch is not adjusted right, but that should be more symptomatic when your stopped and in first gear (wanting to pull on you with clutch pulled in). If it's not doing that, then look at the carbs/running issue as poorly running.

As for the chain, you want it adjusted so that you have aprox 1" total flex up and down (1/2" either way) when you try to move the chain at the center between sprockets.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok thanks for the chain
      it does not happen all the time but you know im a newer rider im still getting used to the clutch lever but me and my dad ajusted the clutch it was his bike so ajusted it to what he remembered the carbs are rebuilt and ever thing but something i need to work out thanks for the help

Comment

Kreylyn my bike was stalling out because my kick stand switch my kick stand needs to be over my exhaust to have a really good connection so lol not the carb

Comment

Working...
        X