X

93 Katana 750 won't fire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Katana 750 won't fire

I have a 93 katana 750 that recently wont fire. The starter turns the motor but there is no ignition. As of right now I have:
    • Topped of battery with distilled water and charged over night.
    • Pulled all 4 spark plugs and grounded them out against the motor and there is a weak spark. However the ends are pretty black and sooty looking.
    • In the process of draining the carb bowls to ensure there is fuel getting to the carbs.

My questions as of right now are how much fuel should be in each bowl? I emptied one and it looks to be 1-2 ounces. Should I clean the plugs off with sandpaper like the guy at the auto parts suggested?

Im assuming the plugs being that color means its running rich. I put a K&N filter on it about a year ago and had a shop rebuild the carbs and jet with a Dyno stage 1 I believe because the bike was bogging down when I would accelerate and that's what they suggested.

I also plan to change to clear fuel lines as well while I'm under the tank.

Unfortunately my pocket tester took a crap and I'm unable to test voltage at the coils. :/

Try jump starting from a (non-running) car. If the problem is low voltage at the coils because of a weak battery then it should fire.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You may also want to try draining and re filling the carb bowls, but a week battery is my first thought

Sent from my Galaxy S3
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
      X