X

Gear problems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear problems?

I have a '95 Kat 600, and the shifter won't go into neutral if I kick it, I have to bend down, and use my hand and watch the dash for the light to come on... It seems to shift fine from 1st to 2nd while I'm riding it though... Is the shifter bad, or is it gear problems? How easy is it to fix?

Also, when I start the bike in gear, even with the clutch pulled all the way in, it tugs forward while it cranks... When it's idling, it's fine, it doesn't pull... What's wrong here? Am I looking at replacing the clutch? The clutch handle(?) seems to be tight, too tight for me, anyway, does that mean the clutch just needs to be adjusted?

Please help... I have 3 months to get this thing road-worthy...
    Come back to Detroit, we missed you last time!!!:

You might just need to adjust it . When it's cold , it's normal for it to pull when you first start it in gear . And I have a hard time finding neutral when it's cold .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It won't go into neutral even when it's hot... I can ride that thing all day long, and when I go to put it in neutral, it won't go... From what I understand, the previous owner's brother tipped the bike over, could that have misaligned the shifter or caused some damage?
      Come back to Detroit, we missed you last time!!!:

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        You might just need to adjust it . When it's cold , it's normal for it to pull when you first start it in gear . And I have a hard time finding neutral when it's cold .
        +1 Mine's the same way. When it's cold, neutral is hard to find.

Comment

You got a manual ? I'd try making sure your clutch is adjusted right before worrying about any OTHER *possible* problems . I think it was Trinc that actually just posted a scan from his manual on the right way to adjust it . Might wanna look that up .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X