X

I think my headlamp relay is bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my headlamp relay is bad

Can anyone tell me where the headlamp relay is on a 2001 katana 600?
    i need to check it and i dont have a manual to tell me where it is.

well first you can download the manual in the wiki section (look towards the top left of this screen) its free an very good to have!

I dont know where your relay is but just to be sure you tried a new bulb and checked the fuse?
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

The light coming on with the key is a gamble...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. After riding a few minutes it'll kick on if it didnt with the key. Everything I've used as reference says its headlamp relay.

Comment

sounds probable. I'd also check any connections while your at it.
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I know from experience there are 2 places to check. One is the hi/lo switch, I had one of the wires come unsoldered, just soldered the wire back on and all was good. The second is the connection under the “third eye panel” mine had melted at one of the connections and the two wires where not making contact. So I just removed the wires from the plastic connector and spliced them together. This is the connector.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

What Fred said and you don't have a headlight relay unless it's been added.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yup. No relay. Took off the little cover that reveals the top of the headlamp and discovered a brown scorch inside the plug that joins the wiring harness to the headlamp. One male wasn't making good contact with the female and was burnt. Cut each wire off and installed a single male to female plug and that solved the problem.

Oops. I shoulda just said "yup, Fred....that was it" lol
              Last edited by SnoMan; 04-01-2013, 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Glad to see you got it resolved and ready to ride again.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                X