X

Seafoam spray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam spray

I was curious would it do any good to take out the air filter and spray a little bit of the seafoam spray directly into the intake.. i was thinking that, it might do some good to the carbs ... since i run the bike everyday since i got the thing. Also, i just ordered my second set of tires, well my second rear tire. just about made it to my first year riding mark in a few months.
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

To be honest I didn't find any benefits of using seafoam in my bike. As a matter of fact I think it just loosened crap in my fuel tank and deposited it in the carbs.

I've noted my bike runs better with fuel line stabilizer in the fuel... maybe it's just a placebo effect...
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Ahhhh ok . Now there is a thought there... I have been using this stuff called. startron enzyme fuel treatment. It comes in a little blue bottle. I add a small dose every time I fill up..

Comment

Originally posted by Major Voltron View Post
        Ahhhh ok . Now there is a thought there... I have been using this stuff called. startron enzyme fuel treatment. It comes in a little blue bottle. I add a small dose every time I fill up..
        I have heard good things about the Startron stuff, especially when used regularly. You're certainly not going to hurt anything with it.
        Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
        H. L. Mencken

Comment

I was curious would it do any good to take out the air filter and spray a little bit of the seafoam spray directly into the intake.. i was thinking that, it might do some good to the carbs ... since i run the bike everyday since i got the thing. Also, i just ordered my second set of tires, well my second rear tire. just about made it to my first year riding mark in a few months.
          Spraying it into the airbox (fogging) wouldn't help the carbs, if anything it may remove some (very little) build up in the intake port and intake valve, maybe, and you'll get smoke show for a few upon start-up.

If your having carb issues, a proper cleaning would need to be done.

Comment

I am almost done with the first bottle . And I am gonna keep buying it .. I have also went back to using octane 87 .

Comment

I am almost done with the first bottle . And I am gonna keep buying it .. I have also went back to using octane 87 .
              I run 87 all the time and only use the sea foam fuel treatment if I start feeling I have run issues
              I think a lot of the run issues are a result of ethanol treated fuel
              I also use sea foam as a stabilizer for storage
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Running Seafoam or any other cleaner through the intake isn't going to clean anything. If you've been running the bike consistently then your jets should be fine so you won't gain much from putting it in your tank, either. It's not a bad idea to put some in your tank once a month or so to help with ethanol issues but it's mostly just a peace of mind thing.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X