X

Carb and jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb and jets

I have a 2003 Katana 600 and I want to clean the carb and jet it before riding season. Is it difficult to clean the carb and jet it? I have plenty of time but not so much money. Has anyone done this? I have a weak mechanical background but I am very attentative.
    2003 Katana 600
    Loud and Proud

cleaning carbs is a time consuming and meticulous job, but on the hard scale, its not that bad compared to rebuilding an engine or finding an electrical problem. most of the members here have learned how to clean carbs and have also jetted there bikes. read carbs 102? for full instructions on how to clean them properly for your bike

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

here you go
    Last edited by boomer_95; 02-28-2013, 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasBullis
      The snow needs to go! I spent all winter upgrading my bike with stage 1 jets, new full race exhaust and all new fluids and upstate ny just keeps getting snow -__-
      im confused now

Comment

ooh, awkward for Thomas Bullis right about now...hrrmmmm
        Last edited by teddy; 02-28-2013, 09:36 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          ooh, awkward for Thomas Bullis right about now...hrrmmmm
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

haha and it shows him from Oklahoma.....
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

hes got another thread he started yesterday asking were to get a full exhaust too...
                Last edited by boomer_95; 03-01-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

He's 18, I have so much hope for the younger generation.

Comment

Haha you all caught me. I hope to have it all done so i can enjoy myself this season
                    2003 Katana 600
                    Loud and Proud

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasBullis View Post
                      Haha you all caught me. I hope to have it all done so i can enjoy myself this season
                      I am sure there's plenty of enjoyment to be had. Just ride the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
                        I am sure there's plenty of enjoyment to be had. Just ride the thing.
                        There is plenty of enjoyment but at any speed over 50mph i cannot hear the bike and it's hard to maintain a steady speed
                        2003 Katana 600
                        Loud and Proud

Comment

There is plenty of enjoyment but at any speed over 50mph i cannot hear the bike and it's hard to maintain a steady speed
                          Are you sure you're not riding with the choke on?

Comment

You are aware a slip-on will make it louder right? If you want "a full race exhaust" to make it faster, good luck with that.

Comment

Earplugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X