X

clutch adjustment problem 2000 katana 600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch adjustment problem 2000 katana 600f

so i just replaced the friction plates steel plates springs and adjustment screw for my clutch. i cant adjust the screw/lever to get my clutch feeling right. could the clutch cable be stretched? or am i not adjusting it right. cant afford a mobile mechanic either. havent even ridden the bike since replaced clutch. idk how much tension i am supposed to have when i pull the lever anyway. please help! just want back on the road asap. socal escondido

Set the adjustment screw lightly then back it out 1/4 turn. Tighten the locknut. Just above that, tighten the coarse adjustment. This will take up the slack in the cable. Then at the handle bars, adjust there for fine adjustment. I mean fine.

The handle should have some free play. No free play will ruin all the hard work you just did.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Have you read this?

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X