X

600F Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks mate. Thats what I was talking about. I think I have a huge problem though. When I pulled the vacuum line off the number 4 carb, the piece that was in the hose broke off the carb.

Compression:

#1: 146
      #2: 151
      #3: 146
      #4: 147
      Last edited by batman; 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

UPDATE:
        I reinstalled the carbs. I warmed up the bike with an external tank so I could do a carb sync. The bike ran for about 5 mins and then shut off and would not start again. The only good news is the carbs are not leaking anymore.

Comment

I took the carbs off and measured the floats. They were off. I adjusted them and checked them several times, then reinstalled the carbs.

I took out the plugs, and even though they were fairly new, I sanded them down a little with some fine sandpaper.

Unfortunately the same thing happened. The bike ran for about 5 mins and then shut off and would not start again, although it seemed the bike did start a little easier than last time.

I bought a digital touchless thermometer and used it during this test. All the header pipes except number one got to about 600F before the bike stalled out. The number one header pipe only got to around 375ish F.

Just FYI: The header pipe that was not getting hot was also one of the carbs that were leaking, and it was the only spark that I mentioned in my thread that I tested.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

I fixed it.

While I was trying to warm the bike up, I was having problems with the throttle stop screw. So I disconnected the carbs to look at it. I noticed oil coming out of one of the carbs. Then I noticed I had overfilled my oil. When I went to drain some of my oil, I noticed there was a lot of fuel in the oil. Double checked the petcock, sure enough, it leaks without a vacuum present. Already order another one off ebay. Changed the oil and got the bike to run for a while. Sync'd the carbs, adjusted the idle. She's good to go.

Comment

Working...
            X