X

So there was a squeaking sound as I accelerated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there was a squeaking sound as I accelerated

My speedometer hasn't been working properly for about a month or so. Figured it was a bad sensor. Then these past two weeks I noticed a squeaking noise up front as I'd accelerate. Well this weekend, I decided to repaint my wheels and lower fairing. I pull off the body work and discover this.

The retaining bolt has pushed through the clutch cover and worn into the speed sensor! Gees!!!

That's un-good....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Im actually impressed.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

How did u manage to do that? That's not cool.

Comment

Had something similar happen to me, vibes from the engine worked the bolt that holds the speedo magnet disk to the front sprocket loose. I caught it before I completely broke my cover like that though.

Threadlocker is your friend there sad to say.
          Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
          H. L. Mencken

Comment

So you think I should replace the cover or just jb weld over the hole?

Comment

I think you should replace the cover.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X