No announcement yet.
X

1995 gsx600f mind blowing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the replies,i have a new battery on it and jump leads from a car battery.ive replaced the ignitor for known good,tried spraying carb cleaner in see if it will run on that,tried puttin a direct 12v feed to coil and still no different,surely not many more things it could be,i hope!

Comment

How did you get 12v to the coils + and -?, you should only have run the + to the coils right? neg is your trigger from the CDI. did you change out the fouled plugs?
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

right guys after days of striping and cleaning all the carbs as described on here,the bike kicked straight in,finally got it on the road and now have another problem,put new plugs in it run ok,give it some throttle along the road and it died,got back home and only two plugs (1 from each coil) were sparking,thought the plugs are no good so brought another set.started straight up but again as soon as i try give it some it dies n wont start again.what could be killing plugs that fast ?

Comment

its probably not the plugs and im sure its not coils either since one plug of each is firing. Put a good (sparking) plug in a boot that isnt...it will probably just end up being the plug wire or wire to boot connection. If your wires are in good shape overall and no arcing you can just snip off a lil of the end and re screw the boot on. I suggest getting a lil started with a screw for the boot to dig in to and make sure theyre nice and tight and dont just pull right off.
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

i have been told maybe the rectifier shot,as it runs while cold then cuts out,if i leave it a while it kicks straight in,where is the rectifier on these,?

Comment

I would start simple and eliminate the plug wires first as a problem. Thats my 2 cents..
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Wonder if you have a thermal problem with the igniter control module.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...48#tabsetBasic could try this stuff, safe for live circuits and will cool it off fast, maybe warm it up till it fails then spray the igniter.

Comment

I think you have a CDI problem or a coil problem.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have a pair of coils with wires on them, i'll sell them cheap, they work fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X