No announcement yet.
X

Rear end Wobble/Clunk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah blah blah, all I heard was Florida has big bugs, hurricanes and really sucks!

LHOPPER, yea I just ordered All Balls front and rear sets for $46 shipped ($10 fronts, $28 rear, $8 shipping) figured for under $50 it's not a bad deal for safety
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
      Blah blah blah, all I heard was Florida has big bugs, hurricanes and really sucks!

LHOPPER, yea I just ordered All Balls front and rear sets for $46 shipped ($10 fronts, $28 rear, $8 shipping) figured for under $50 it's not a bad deal for safety
      nice deal
      I paid $19 shipped for both of the rear ones. I'll replace the front ones if I don't sell the bike soon. I love the post-kats so much, but I know they won't handle anything compared to my pre with 2008 r8 rear shock and racetech front shocks The bike is so maneuverable and quick, and I'm very surprised how rarely people talk shit about my katana

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Just so u know, there's 3 bearings in the rear wheel setup . I went with a set I got a bunch of good reviews all over the place. The last thing I want or need is a bearing failing or seizing up on me, that generally tends to be my luck if I try an be cheap an cut corners lol.

Comment

Just so u know, there's 3 bearings in the rear wheel setup . I went with a set I got a bunch of good reviews all over the place. The last thing I want or need is a bearing failing or seizing up on me, that generally tends to be my luck if I try an be cheap an cut corners lol.
          ahmen lol

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Can someone explain to me why it looks like there's 2 races in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
              Can someone explain to me why it looks like there's 2 races in this?

Your seeing the external race that has a machine shaped inner bearing seat. It's one piece of steel, machined so the bearings naturally want to stay in the center.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good to know lol I'll be yanking mine out in the next few days when I get my bearings. Did your bearing casing just fall apart when you tried getting it out or did you just manhandle it out?

Comment

Good to know lol I'll be yanking mine out in the next few days when I get my bearings. Did your bearing casing just fall apart when you tried getting it out or did you just manhandle it out?
                  I grabbed the inner race with pliars and pulled it out, came out pretty easy since all the balls were not in there not that that's a good thing lol

Comment

So I'm missing a rear drum retainer that goes inside the sprocket and sits between the sprocket bearing and the wheel bearing. If anyone has one for sale I'd be interested.
                    Here's a pic:

Comment

As long as the new bearing went in snug your good to go once you find this piece.
                      You said it went between the sprocket and wheel bearing? I'm trying to get a mental picture and remember if I have one on my parts bike...not too sure though.

Comment

Replaced components in proper order. Seems functional and safe so far

Comment

Me too , but now I need spark plug wires lol

Comment

Working...
                          X