X

99.9% complete.. 1 last ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99.9% complete.. 1 last ?

carb dip, synch, float height adjust, everything is looking awesome... just 1 last little hting i can't figure out and then itll be perfect:

RPM hesitates to come back down after throttle. it starts immediately, idles perfect, revs fine... just takes it a second to bring the revs down again.

everything is connected, everything is tight, cant find a vacuum leak... what else do you think it could be?

once this last thing is figured out, i can be riding tomorrow, so thanks ahead of time.

Arsenic: before you flame me, i did buy the dip, and dipped the whole rack for 30 minutes like the directions said... not what you recommended, but it came out amazing, and much better than spray cleaner. thanks
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

I'm not going to flame you at all. I don't care what the directions say, dipping them for 30 minutes doesn't do jack shit. You're either really lean, or you have a vacuum leak. Just because you can't find it, doesn't mean you don't have one.

Comment

does it make any difference if my air filter got saturated today with gas and is probably still damp?

and, if it's lean, should i turn my AF screws out more than 2.5 turns?

thnaks again you've been a huge help!
      previous rides
      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
      next ride - another kat

Comment

Yes a gas soaked filter is a huge problem!
        1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
        fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
        55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
        R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
        Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
          Yes a gas soaked filter is a huge problem!

cool ill take that out and let it dry overnight
          previous rides
          next ride - another kat

Comment

Originally posted by edromero View Post
            and, if it's lean, should i turn my AF screws out more than 2.5 turns?
            No, that's not the correct way to richen it up. Find out why it's lean (that's not it) and clean that circuit. The lean condition is only a possible cause in my opinion. You sir, have a vacuum leak, I'm 80% sure. Yeah, don't try to diagnose and fix anything until you test it with a dry air filter.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              No, that's not the correct way to richen it up. Find out why it's lean (that's not it) and clean that circuit. The lean condition is only a possible cause in my opinion. You sir, have a vacuum leak, I'm 80% sure. Yeah, don't try to diagnose and fix anything until you test it with a dry air filter.

dude, if no one has told you today, let me be the first to inform you that you are THE MAN!
              previous rides
              next ride - another kat

Comment

That's not needed. Most people around here think my head is big enough already. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  That's not needed. Most people around here think my head is big enough already. You're welcome.
                  Yip... to bad to many choose not to listen....
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Yip... to bad to many choose not to listen....
                    You've bought stuff from me, so I'm gonna let that slide.

Comment

Working...
                    X