X

brass line broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brass line broke?

i have a 1993 Suzuki katana 600 with high rpm (5000-6000 idle) just took the carbs off and found out the number 2 carb brass line was broke at the top and was letting gas out is this why im running high rpm is that the vac leak im looking for and can i replace it from a diff set of carbs

and whats the master carb on my bike
    Last edited by katana7500; 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM.

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
    i have a 1993 Suzuki katana 600 with high rpm (5000-6000 idle) just took the carbs off and found out the number 2 carb brass line was broke at the top and was letting gas out is this why im running high rpm is that the vac leak im looking for and can i replace it from a diff set of carbs

and whats the master carb on my bike

Which brass line? The larger long one that is part of the enrichment (choke) circuit, or the shorter smaller one at the top for the vacuum port?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You're bike doesn't have a master carb

Comment

the long brass one

Comment

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
          the long brass one
          The only time this should cause a vacuum leak is when the choke is open. All other times there really should be no issue as the choke plunger should stop any leak. The carb body is already open air so in normal running this should not be an issue. If fuel is coming out of it, then you have other issues going on like incorrect fuel float heights or the needles are not properly sealing off.

There are no OEM replacements for that part you can purchase new. You might be able to get one of have it fixed from someone who deals with the carbs a lot, like Chris (arsenic) for example. He might be willing to fix it for you if he has the part, and he does really good work. You can PM him and find out.

You can also attempt self fixing it with various brass tube repair options like brazing, and so on. Due to the small size, this would probably be a bit more difficult. I do not recommend using an add on putty to seal it. Doesn't work very well in the long run.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had a leak in my brass line (the choke enrichment one) and I used some JBWeld putty to seal it up. So far it's working.
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Working...
            X