No announcement yet.
X

Katana 600 issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check your spark plug cables and boots. 1&4 should have the same spark. and the same with 2&3. blue spark good, yellow not so good
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by rpmcclafferty View Post
      The guy said he had a new Stator put in.
      Katanas don't have a "stator". I don't exactly know what you are referring too being new, but it sure as shit isn't a "stator".

Comment

Starter ?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thats what i was told, maybe its a signal generator he was referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Starter ?
            I'm really not sure how'd you'd think there is more than 1 way to put a starter in

Originally posted by rpmcclafferty View Post
            Thats what i was told, maybe its a signal generator he was referring to?
            That could be
            Last edited by arsenic; 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've never run across a legit need to replace the signal gen unless it was damaged from a wreck.

The "CDI" as most call it could have issues that would cause intermittent spark.

I have a suspicion that it's more likely a series of multiple different small issues all coming together. A combination of poor power/wiring drains, poor/old/bad fuel, and a lot of frustration. If not something being over looked and not mentioned here as well... like trying to run the bike with out a good fuel flow, with a massive vacuum leak from not plugging off the petcock vacuum (if the tank is off) or other issues along those lines which would all contribute to the bike being very hard to get started that first time.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X