No announcement yet.
X

No Start..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just leave it "on", no need to put it on "res" unless you run out of fuel. And you should only need to put it on "pri" if you drain the carbs an need to refill em.
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Alright, so i tore the bike apart.. I figured out where all my fuel went. into the motor! the engine was literally filled with fuel!! its no wonder that it would not crank over.. I also dug deeper and found alot of rust in the fuel tank, also found rust residue in the fuel lines, fuel filter and pretty much everywhere.. I also drained the float bowls and found more slimy red rust residue coming out. my hypothesis is that the rust made its way toward the float bowls and left them wide open, in turn flooding the engine. also my petcock wasn't holding any fuel. Time for a good carb cleaning and what not.. Any advice?
      Attached Files
      2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Comment

Don't leave your petcock on reserve, or prime...ever again?

I really have nothing to add here.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Looks like your on the right track with the right ideas. Clean er up real good an change the oil for shits and giggles in case fuel drained down an get riding!
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Thanks guys, I was always told to put the bike on reserve whenever its parked.. I wont do that anymore.. As far as the petcock goes its done, the internal mesh is completly blocked up with rust. Im going to see how much a pro tank cleaning cost, also get a new petcock, and a better fuel filter..
            2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Comment

Originally posted by marine_corps View Post
              Thanks guys, I was always told to put the bike on reserve whenever its parked.. I wont do that anymore.. As far as the petcock goes its done, the internal mesh is completly blocked up with rust. Im going to see how much a pro tank cleaning cost, also get a new petcock, and a better fuel filter..

White vinegar will clean the steel tank. 24 hour soak, then rinse with pressure washer (local quarter car wash for example if necessary). 1-2 cups of motor oil with some gas to cut it down if too thick will then coat the inside and prevent rust from coming back quickly.

Don't use it on any aluminum.

Por-15 coat kits are available online for around $40. It's a permanent fix to the rust concern by coating and near permanently preventing rust from returning later inside the tank.

The petcock can easily be cleaned for reuse. If it needs, a rebuild kit is avail for around $25-30.

If you have a post kat, then use the OEM filter. You can clean the current one, or replace with a new OEM replacement. Just about every aftermarket option you try is going to not work out well due to not enough fuel flow.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good ideas.. I went an bought a rust killer called ''Metal Rescue.. Im soaking the tank right now.. So far its working well, almost all the rust has been taken away. As far as the rest, I might get a new petcock, depending on the price or i'll just rebuild my old. Another issue is my carbs, to clean them i'm going to take off the float bowls and spray carb cleaner in them.. Hopefully that will do the trick, then i'll just get new gaskets for that.. BTW my starter works just fine, the motor simply couldn't compress cylinders full of gas.. And i'm glad it didn't!
                2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Comment

Working...
                X