Carb sync

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb sync

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone can give me a walkthrough or even poin me in the right direction looking to sync the carbs on my 96 kat and not sure how to do it. I am mechanically capable to do it, not just some idiot bu tnot sure how I looked on the wiki and cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by cvfd63jr4 View Post
    Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone can give me a walkthrough or even poin me in the right direction looking to sync the carbs on my 96 kat and not sure how to do it. I am mechanically capable to do it, not just some idiot bu tnot sure how I looked on the wiki and cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

A carb sync is an adjustment to the butterflies to make sure pressures are equal at idle and slightly higher rpms.

There are lots of videos on youtube showing the basics of a sync.

Start with a bench sync...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS77T2CUsjI"]How to bench sync motorcycle carbs - YouTube[/ame]

Then do a full sync after..( a bench syng gets you running, but itsn't good enough!!!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwP6R1P58A"]Motion Pro: How-To Video: 08-0411 Sync Pro Carb Tuner - YouTube[/ame]

While the bikes may not be a kat, the process is basically the same thing for all multi carbed bikes.

Your basic instructions...

Start the bike, warm it up, adjust the idle to 1800 rpms (or as close to that as you can.)

Sync carbs 3-4.

Then sync carb set 1-2

Then sync the sets to each other 1-2 to 3-4.

As you make adjustments to the sync you will find the rpms will also change. Adjust the rpms back to around 1800 as this happens.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      A carb sync is an adjustment to the butterflies to make sure pressures are equal at idle and slightly higher rpms.

While the bikes may not be a kat, the process is basically the same thing for all multi carbed bikes.

Your basic instructions...

Start the bike, warm it up, adjust the idle to 1800 rpms (or as close to that as you can.)

Sync carbs 3-4.

Then sync carb set 1-2

Then sync the sets to each other 1-2 to 3-4.

As you make adjustments to the sync you will find the rpms will also change. Adjust the rpms back to around 1800 as this happens.

Krey

ok cool but where does the sync vaccuum tubes hook into at and which screws adjust the individual carbs. sorry for the questions but the book doesnt tell me how to do it.

Comment

carsb 1-3 have black rubber caps pointing up at you as you look down at the carbs, carb 4 has a vacuum hose running from the same spot. the sync tool tubes plug onto the valves that these rubber caps plug up. inbetween 1 -2 and 2 - 3 and 3 -4 carbs are the butterfly valve adjustment screws, use these the make your adjustments

Comment

Comment

Very good thread thanks for share

Comment

Originally posted by 06kat06g6 View Post
              carsb 1-3 have black rubber caps pointing up at you as you look down at the carbs, carb 4 has a vacuum hose running from the same spot.
              not on a 96.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                not on a 96.
                whoop...sorry for the misinformation!

Comment

Working...
                X