X

Seafoam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam

Ok guys in need some opinions, im looking for something to run through the fuel and oil system to just help keep things clean and running smooth. I don't have any issues with the bike just looking to keep it clean and smooth. I was looking at Seafoam, but then done some looking online about it and read a lot of mixed reviews on it. Whats y'all s take on it.
    Full throttle, wide open!!!

seafoam is good but, Stabil makes a storage chemical. Usually use for lawn mowers and the such or marvels mystory oil .
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Amsoil motor oil has way more cleaners & detergents than dino oil, it's all you'd need for the crankcase.

Comment

If you don't expect miracles, the Seafoam is solid stuff for the price. There are better products, but they cost a lot more.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I use Stabil marine grade for storeage...... hasn't let me down yet. Seafoam during the riding season doesn't hurt.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

ok thanks for the info guys, Ill have to look into the stabil.

Comment

Stabil ethanol formula is good to use, especially in winter. I don't know if I will ride tomorrow or in two months. My 1100 hasn't been ridden in a month because of snow and it might be another two weeks before all the ice and sand is gone, so I am glad I got the Stabil in it.
              If you want something to clean carbs, use Berrymans . I occassionally pour an ounce into the tank, but I like it for cleaning jets.

Comment

seafoam in the fuel , I even use it in the weed wacker
                The more exposure you guys get to ethanol blended fuel it will become your friend
                I treat all my stored fuel with it

I dont like adding any special cleaners in the oil
                I figure if there is a build up any where why do I suddenly want it moving around
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Up here in Fort Mac, winter , and I mean ice and snow, often starts mid to end October and stays that way until April and sometimes May. That being said, my bikes and mustang are often parked for 6 months at a time. I only use Seafoam when I store them. It's my 6th winter up here and every spring my equipment fires up with no problem at all, there's no gum in my carbs and no clots of ethenol.
                  Take it for what it's worth, it works great for me.
                  1990 GSXF 1100
                  2011 KLR 650

Comment

Originally posted by KatKrak View Post
                    Up here in Fort Mac, winter , and I mean ice and snow, often starts mid to end October and stays that way until April and sometimes May. That being said, my bikes and mustang are often parked for 6 months at a time. I only use Seafoam when I store them. It's my 6th winter up here and every spring my equipment fires up with no problem at all, there's no gum in my carbs and no clots of ethenol.
                    Take it for what it's worth, it works great for me.
                    having the same experience, ive tried the "seafoam" stuff but it really hasnt helped me with anything , not that ive had any problems. Ive always scratched my head about that whole "if you let your bike sit for a long time its going to clog up" my bike sits for 6 months every winter too an ive never drained the carbs or added any of those additives during storage. never connected a battery charger either. it starts up right away every spring.

ALSO my parents lawmower and snowmower havnet had an oil change or anything the last 10 years. the snowmower sat for a few years before we bought it. and those two machines start up easily too , just need to prime first.......no seafoam or any other type of stupid foam.

just to clairify , im not saying that carbs dont get clogged up or dirty....no no no...im saying, if your bike is running good , dont start adding all sort of crap in the gas. thats the type of crap that STARTS the problems.
                    Last edited by mammut89; 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                      having the same experience, ive tried the "seafoam" stuff but it really hasnt helped me with anything , not that ive had any problems. Ive always scratched my head about that whole "if you let your bike sit for a long time its going to clog up" my bike sits for 6 months every winter too an ive never drained the carbs or added any of those additives during storage. never connected a battery charger either. it starts up right away every spring.

ALSO my parents lawmower and snowmower havnet had an oil change or anything the last 10 years. the snowmower sat for a few years before we bought it. and those two machines start up easily too , just need to prime first.......no seafoam or any other type of stupid foam.

just to clairify , im not saying that carbs dont get clogged up or dirty....no no no...im saying, if your bike is running good , dont start adding all sort of crap in the gas. thats the type of crap that STARTS the problems.

do you have ethanol blended fuel ?

Comment

No I dont use ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogyman08 View Post
                          No I dont use ethanol.
                          ethanol is nolonger a choice here ,it is blended into of all our fuel

coming to the US BTW

Comment

It's already in California..has been for a number of years now.
                            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post

Then your fuel doesn't have ethanol in it. Ethanol doesn't do well in cold weather.
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                              X