vacumm diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacumm diagram

hello kat community,
    i have a 2001 750 katana and i think i may have a missing hose in my vacuum system, thers a black platic pod that is located on the left front next to the oil cooler and is missing a hose "i think" on the bottom unless thers just not supposed to be any thing there? the top hose that goes into the pod comes from another metal pod under my fuel tank, if that helps to narrow what i am talking about down, if some one has a vacuum diagram or somthing that would be a big help.
    thank you,
    MrMize

Welcome and good luck. Not sure but you could prob find it in wiki on the site.

Comment

He's talking about a hose for the Cali emissions system, I THINK. I'd recommend Kreylyn answer this. He's the first person that comes to mind who's knowledge I trust that is familiar with the California emissions system.

Comment

Yeah, Chris is right. That's definately part of the CA emmisions system. Sometimes listed as the PAIR system or 2nd Air system.

Your not missing anything. The black box is basically a self contained "air filter" or clean air intake into the system. The rest of the system pulls excess fuel fumes from the carbs and fuel tank, mixes it with the clean air, and then forces it into the engine exhaust ports for it to be burnt up in the hot exhaust pipes. No hose attatched to the bottom of the black box that I've seen, and I've not seen one listed in the parts fiche either.

Seeing that your in CA... I would not suggest removing it.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the bottom of that box has nothing connected to it....

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Seeing that your in CA... I would not suggest removing it.
            Do they still smog test out there?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

kool thanx guy's

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              no not that i know of.
              Last edited by Mr Mize; 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                motorcycles are exempt.....for now

Comment

Working...
                X