X

How important is the screen part of the fuel cock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is the screen part of the fuel cock

I have a 1990 Katana 600. Just bought it and going through every bit of it to get it running right. It ran kind of rough, the guy said it needed carbs synced but I noticed the fuel cock was leaking so I went to rebuild it with a kit and when I pulled it off of the tank I noticed the screen part was missing. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time rebuilding this, or am is it not that important? Thanks in advance.

In my opinion thats important because it keeps unwanted sediment out of your lines. You may have sucked something into your carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmd32477 View Post
      In my opinion thats important because it keeps unwanted sediment out of your lines. You may have sucked something into your carbs.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by jmd32477 View Post
        Good thinking, I knew I wasn't thinking about something. The carbs were surprisingly clean, I took them apart assuming the worst. Thanks for the reply, as I assumed more money to spend.

Comment

Working...
        X