X

Demon Bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Bike!

I realize that this off topic, my buddy has a GS400.. Still suzuki, the motor seems almost identical to my kat just way smaller. We have been working on the bike for a while, it seems to have a demon inside of it. Heres what we did:
    stage 1 jet kit, spark plugs and the coils , entire cooling system including thermostat, yosh pipe, air box and filter, clutch and clutch cable, and changed all the vacuum hoses ,fuel lines , petcock, and had the tank cleaned of any rust.
    Symtoms:
    the bike wont rev up past 10k rpms, the redline for that 400 is 14k rpm.. it stutters alot, has hard starting issues, and simply is unreliable. my only hypotheses is that the carbs were done badly. but the problems were active well before the carbs were jetted. Where stuck, we've done almost everything.. Any advice? I'm thinking its a fuel delivery problem.
    2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Have you checked the order of the wires? Simple and dumb I know, but it's happened more than once.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

My question would be... of all the stuff you have done, has it changed the symptom your having an issue with at all?

If not... it's probably not what your thinking it is.

I know I'd be looking at the ignition control box atm myself to make sure it's not cutting out your signal.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

demon bike

might be a good idea to check valve clearances too

Comment

way smaller.a kat is an inline 4 where a gs 400 is a twin.

shouldn't have a cooling system either.they are aircooled
          Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 12-10-2012, 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1988 katana 600 that wants to grow up to be a streetfighter

Comment

Its a gs400f inline 4 water cooled. Dont know to much about it, all i know is that it is possesed. Were looking over the ignition now..
            2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Comment

ok just looked it up.never seen one before.neat little bike
              1988 katana 600 that wants to grow up to be a streetfighter

Comment

Working...
              X