X

bike dies when i give any throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike dies when i give any throttle

having an issue bike starts with choke full open then when i give any gas it dies was only doing it for the first few min at first (had to run in first gear with choke wide open to start it going) then it ran fine but now thats all it does thoughts please i was thinking it might be cuz i took it to georgia a few months back and all there gas is 10% ethanol :-/

clean your carbs
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Since your georgia trip did the bike sit for those few months? Have you tried cleaning your carbs?

Comment

One way or another sounds like you definitely got some blockage in your carbs.
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

thats what i was figureing just wasent sure if it was a sync issue or not
          thanks

Comment

Out of sync, massive air leak (not properly connected carbs, airbox off, K&N or other high flow filter) can cause the issue in addtion to dirty carbs or low fuel level in the bowls.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

^ This
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
              X