No announcement yet.
X

PLZ HELP throttle and choke issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disconnect the fuel lines and try to start it, or i suppose you can disconnect the vacum line and try to start it. the isea is to chock the body of fuel so that the air/fuel mixture will balance itself out. i had to do that a few times to my v-star., but of course do some the easir checks like air filter, fuel filter. spark plugs, easy stuff.
    Last edited by dorkduf7; 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM.
    Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
    True story

Comment

so i have put the hose from the petcock back.into that but put it into the other place where it goes (i think) it ran good bike warmed up so i assembled everything back and as soon as i rode up the street i noticed it was just straight leaking gas still i will upload pics of petcock and also.where i THINK the problem may be

according to the hose diagram it looks to be the fuel line Nd somewere in that area
      Last edited by samoanKAT; 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by samoanKAT View Post
        so i have put the hose from the petcock back.into that but put it into the other place where it goes (i think) it ran good bike warmed up so i assembled everything back and as soon as i rode up the street i noticed it was just straight leaking gas still i will upload pics of petcock and also.where i THINK the problem may be

according to the hose diagram it looks to be the fuel line Nd somewere in that area

take a look closely buddy. You gotta make sure where it leaks before you start to tear it apart again. Maybe your petcock seals, clamps ?

Comment

First, sounds to me like the hose is the one that feeds petrol to your carbs from your petcock. (I think your model has two of these). Which is why it only leaks out when your engine is running, because (as mentioned earlier) it needs vacuum to open.

Have you put the hose back onto the correct place?

You may well have put the hose onto a wrong nozzle, and not where it's supposed to go.

Sorry,
          I didn't see page 2, this has already been suggested.
          Last edited by Srengam; 12-24-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1997 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

I looked at the petcock and.its not leaking anywere near it the first picture is were it is leaking fro. Well tha area atleast

Second pic is where I think the fuel line connects the pet cock to wherever it sprang from idk :/

Originally posted by Srengam View Post
            First, sounds to me like the hose is the one that feeds petrol to your carbs from your petcock. (I think your model has two of these). Which is why it only leaks out when your engine is running, because (as mentioned earlier) it needs vacuum to open.

Have you put the hose back onto the correct place?

You may well have put the hose onto a wrong nozzle, and not where it's supposed to go.

Sorry,
            I didn't see page 2, this has already been suggested.
            I prob did put it on the wrong spot im.not sure yet still fiddling with it everytime I get a break in the weather
            Last edited by samoanKAT; 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

two upper ports are vent ports(nearest the head), attach a long piece of hose to each port and route over the airbox, notice the clamps near the filter, use them for those and route them below the swingarm. the two lower ports (close to the airbox) are fuel lines, carbs 1&2 connect the the rear port on the petcock, 3&4 connect to the front facing port on the petcock. If you have fuel flowing from the vent your floats are not sealing ( crap in the tank & bowls or the float needles are worn.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                +1

Always trace your lines from the source to the expected destination. Never assume just because its laying close by its the right one, especially when the person before tinkered with it. FYI is all
                BDSCRPN

Comment

Thanks Fellas my bike is now running

Comment

Working...
                  X