X

1990 katana 750 exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 katana 750 exhaust question

first off let me say hello, i've been browsing the site non stop since i joined and even before i joined. great info
    i was recently given a 1990 750 katana, it has some kind of 4-1 header/exhaust setup that is dented and leaks were it slips fit is so i want to replace it with the stock daul can setup(ugly i know) but it came with it and looks like its been off for years(very clean). the problem is it only came with one of the flanges and retaining ring(for lack of the correct name for it) to keep the flange on the pipe. i'm assuming i can use the flanges of the exhaust i just removed, however i need the retaining rings and possibly the correct flanges. does anyone know where i can get them?

and to keep from making another post, my bike didnt come with the factory tool kit, what size spark plug socket fits on the plug and in the plug well, i've tried the three i have and my scooter one, none work. thanks

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
    first off let me say hello, i've been browsing the site non stop since i joined and even before i joined. great info
    i was recently given a 1990 750 katana, it has some kind of 4-1 header/exhaust setup that is dented and leaks were it slips fit is so i want to replace it with the stock daul can setup(ugly i know) but it came with it and looks like its been off for years(very clean). the problem is it only came with one of the flanges and retaining ring(for lack of the correct name for it) to keep the flange on the pipe. i'm assuming i can use the flanges of the exhaust i just removed, however i need the retaining rings and possibly the correct flanges. does anyone know where i can get them?

and to keep from making another post, my bike didnt come with the factory tool kit, what size spark plug socket fits on the plug and in the plug well, i've tried the three i have and my scooter one, none work. thanks
    http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID.../Group/MUFFLER for muffler parts

18mm thin wall socket for the plugs.

or you can order the tool kit if you want.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Edit: beat me to it.

Comment

Good links guys, thanks. Looks like some of the pieces are discontinued. On to eBay or the marketplace.

Comment

Crod give me the part numbers. I give KR memebers my cost on stock parts. Bike Bandit tends to have more in stock. I am a dealer for both Ron Ayers and Bike Bandit. I actually have a few of the flanges that fit around the exhaust side. Give me shout.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Pm coming your way

Comment

Working...
            X