X

Starter clutch bolt problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It started, but I encountered a problem

So Arsenic, the bike started, but there was a very loud whining noise, like a gear like medal spinning grinding at high rpms. So I immediately shut it off and pulled the cover off and there was smoke, so right away I started feeling around for something to be hot and sure enough the bearing that goes over the gear of the starter clutch assembly was hot. I believe that I have over-torqued the bolt causing the bearing to smash against the gear because I can see where the gear fits into the bearing through three holes around the bearing, and I noticed it seems to be rubbing against the gear itself. So you think this is the cause? Oh and do all three gears(starter armature, starter idle gear, and starter clutch gear) spin when the bike is running?
    How are you going to judge me if you haven't even tried it yourself

Comment

I have to stop you there my friend. Before you personally ask ME specific starter clutch questions. I'm not a starter clutch expert. I just told you how that works. Anything beyond that is an educated guess. You wanna know anything about carburetors, I got that chit. But this, all unproven speculation.

Comment

Dang, alrighty then
        How are you going to judge me if you haven't even tried it yourself

Comment

Working...
        X