X

Float bowls...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float bowls...

When I removed my carbs, and drained the bowls, I found that one carb had alot more fuel in it than the others. Ironically, this is the same cylinder that was fouling the plug. I know that the butterfly was damaged and was probably pulling more vac (I am still trying to repair this). Is that the reason for more fuel or is it something else loke a float adjustment, that I need...
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

could be the float adjustment.
    Or a bad float needle (valve)

Comment

won't hurt to check and if needed readjust the floatheights right? (a little bit off work, great results speaking off good throttleresponse aso)

Comment

If I remove the float bowls Can I re-use the gasket/seal or do I need to replace???
        "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaJim
          If I remove the float bowls Can I re-use the gasket/seal or do I need to replace???
          yeah you can reuse it long as its not torn or falling apart just be genlte when taking the bowl off

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            could be the float adjustment.
            Or a bad float needle (valve)
            + oring on float needle assembly.

I just replaced all mine,, cyl #1 was gas fouling (bad oring let gas around the valve seat assembly) and #2 needed float adjustment.
            "You're only Limited, by Your own mind..."
            "FrankenTana" 1989 GSX1100F w/ 93 GSXR water cooled motor installed and causing smiles from ear to ear.
            click video link to see the bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Z-AY0g9Aw

Comment

Where can I get some new o-rings for a 2000 600? RonAyers (and others) doesn't list the o-rings seperate from the whole assembly ($36 for on needle valve assembly).

Comment

It's either that thread or the other one. Keith listed all the parts.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I found out that a #5 o-ring is what fits the valve assembly seat. Thanx to ZukiFred.

Comment

Go here for a complete listing:
                    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifer
                      Where can I get some new o-rings for a 2000 600? RonAyers (and others) doesn't list the o-rings seperate from the whole assembly ($36 for on needle valve assembly).
                      If you do much of your own work, it may be worth it for you to buy an oring kit. I went to harbor freight and bought a metric and an SAE set for (I think) around 20 dollars. Of course the sets won't have EVERY ring you'll ever need, but they do help a lot.

Comment

Yeah , but will they be the right size ? I THOUGHT I read or heard that the carb o-rings had some non-standard sizes in there .....
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the kits have the right size for the needle valve assembly. They do not have the correct size for the pilot screw and they don't technically have the right size for the orings up top under the top cap, but they have ones that'll work. I'm sure that they contain some of the orings found elsewhere in the bike, but what I meant was if you work on lots of different stuff like cars, trucks, bikes, tractors, other farm equipment and the like. If you won't be doing much more than oil change, chain lube and carb jetting then no, it probably won't be worth it to buy a box full of o-rings.

Comment

Working...
                          X