X

Front Brakes wont work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brakes wont work

Took my bike in to the shop to change out my tires now my front brakes have no pressure but when i press the brake lever fluid does push out of the caliber and Ideas on what to do next

Originally posted by jsalcido View Post
    Took my bike in to the shop to change out my tires now my front brakes have no pressure but when i press the brake lever fluid does push out of the caliber and Ideas on what to do next
    Do you mean there's brake fluid leaking out of the caliper?

Comment

yeah make sure your not leaking . Then you need to bleed the brakes and make sure you dont have any air in there. even if there is a tiny bubble of air in the lines it can be compressed and can absorb the hydraulic force of the brake lever being squeezed.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

It could be pure coincidence, but I wouldn't have left until the shop fixed anything they might have done to stuff your brakes.

Comment

Bring it back and tell them to fix them.
          Ride like it's your last ride
          sigpic

Comment

I probably wouldn't ride that thing anywhere if my front brakes weren't working. I wouldn't care so much if it were the rear brakes. Like someone said before, I would check for a leak and then do a quick bleed job to make sure there is only fluid in your lines.
            Extra life.

Comment

Working...
            X