X

running lean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running lean

Is it possible that my bike is running lean because it is too cool? I have no fairings and am running a 750 oil cooler on a 600. I have a chopped exhaust with a custom baffle for back pressure. I have turned out my a/f screws to 3.0. No other mods to affect engine performance.

Originally posted by KatFighta View Post
    Is it possible that my bike is running lean because it is too cool? I have no fairings and am running a 750 oil cooler on a 600. I have a chopped exhaust with a custom baffle for back pressure. I have turned out my a/f screws to 3.0. No other mods to affect engine performance.

Highly doubtful it's cause it's... cool.

The exhaust on the other hand... that's be where I would look.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I am going to get a stage 1 jet kit and go from there. Does that sound good?

Comment

I would get a real exhaust, then proceed from there one step at a time.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The thing is, after I turned out the a/f screws it was running fine for a few weeks. My symptoms are a lot of popping on down shifting and my idle will stay around 2200 after the bike is fully warm. The idle screw will not fix the problem. The bike will stall if it's turned down or if it's cold it won't start without turning it back up. I don't have the option of getting a "real" exhaust right now so what can I do and what are your inputs? Why would it run great and the run lean again?

Comment

Working...
          X