X

No power coming off starter relay..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power coming off starter relay..

I have no power coming off my 2001 suzuki katana gsx750 and I have searched all through the threads and google to find something on it. I have checked all my wires, checked all my grounds , checked all my fuses and have even replaced my starter relay twice as we'll as my turn signal side stand relay. My batter is good and I had even bought a new one but am still having no luck. I have checked everything more than once and done a continuity test on my wires as well as my fuses.. When I turn my key I'm getting now power because no power is coming off my starter relay and I know it's a good one. Can anyone please help. I've posted on here before and haven't gotten any help.

Where are you checking for power, at the relay? If so that's not accurate. Make sure the clutch safety switch is working and also the obvious kill switch working as well. If either of those are open it won't give you 12v at the relay. They both are part of the loop.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Starter relay

Took apart my kill switch, cleaned all terminals and checked continuity, and that all looks good. How do it check for continuity to my clutch safety switch??

Comment

Easier to just by-pass it. Follow the wires down from the clutch lever to the wire harness. Unplug the wires going up to the clutch lever and jump the 2 terminals you unplugged them from.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Starter relay

I bypassed my switch but am still not getting any power to the bike. Rechecked battery and all fuses. When I turn my key I get no lights or anything..

Comment

Just to double check are you sure you checked the big main fuse

Comment

Starter relay

Yep, I even just took the relay back out, connected 12 volts and checked it for continuity and also checked my main fuse that is connected to it.....my 30 amp one that is and all is good.

Comment

Are you sure the ground from the battery to the frame is good? These are notorious for corrosion on that wire and on the fuse box itself where the fuses snap in.

Comment

My old 750et stopped while warming up one day and had no power anywhere! I ripped the whole bike apart after a continuity check on the fuses. Because there was no logical explanation I went back to the fuses. Oh yeah they had continuity but only 1.2volts was passing thru the main fuse! Its just a thought cos it could apply to any component that may appear ok. Replaced main fuse and all was good!
                  sigpic

Comment

Also check the ignition switch for proper operation IE: is the switch getting power, is power leaving the switch.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                    X