X

Slingshot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshot

Ran perfectly yesterday - today won't start.
    Plugs are clean, dry and sparking. Battery good. Can't find anything wrong. Any ideas???

Originally posted by kaybee View Post
    Ran perfectly yesterday - today won't start.
    Plugs are clean, dry and sparking. Battery good. Can't find anything wrong. Any ideas???

Define battery good... as in, lift the tank and measure with a volt meter voltage at the coils (orange /white wire) when the starter is turning the motor over. If over 11v...then yes, battery is good. Anything under, you need to fix.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the plugs shouldn't be completely dry either.. you may not be getting fuel.. hold the choke on and crank for a while. look at the plugs and see if there soaking wet from fuel

the easiest way to tell if its fuel is to squirt some fuel into the carbs and crank it over. if it runs on that then dies your not getting gas
      Last edited by boomer_95; 09-29-2012, 08:00 AM.
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Cheers guys. Plugs are not getting too wet but I think spark is weak. What can be done to improve it? I suspect petrol delivery problem but this shouldn't just dry up overnight on both feeds. Battery turns starter briskly and has not showed signs of weakening but will check voltage at coils. Bike ran great yesterday, maybe the hammer is the best solution.

Comment

Working...
        X