X

Factory Pro jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Pro jet kit

I have a few questions about the Factory Pro jet kit I just bought and since many of you have this kit and say they are one of the best for our bikes, hopefully you will be able to help me out.

When setting the A/F mixture screws the instructions say set the screws to 2.5x out but reading posts on here it seems most of everyone ends up turning their screws to 3-3.5x out. Would it be ok just to set it at around 3.5x to start and just fine tune it from there? Also how many turns can you go out on the mixture screws safely?

With the main jets for a stock bike the instructions say use either the 115 or 117.5 mains, but since the post 750 already has 117.5 mains im assuming it would be ok just to leave the stock jets in there.

I havent installed the kit jet but im gonna pull the carbs today and install it, Im kinda nervous setting float height and having them be even on allthe carbs so any tips would help but ill probably end up having a shop set them for me.

Its easy man, read the carb sticky first...did you get the right kit for your bike?

Comment

read carbs 102 and everything is correct. I just got done installing the kit and other than the float bowl screws, went pretty smoothly.

The bike starts and warms up quickly, accelerates perfect with no hiccups or hesitations off idle. Engine braking produces no backfiring and seems alot smoother than before, and 4-5k cruising(1/8 throttle opening) is alot smoother and responsive. One thing to note is that when holding the clutch in the idle likes to hang around 2k before dropping down to normal, but it seemed to get better the more time I was on the bike which indicates a lean problem but the mixture screws are already 3.5x out.

Just a note is that I did this jet kit in 55 degree weather, I usually ride in a least 70 so I dont know if the cold weather is leaning it out.

Comment

Adjusted the mixture screws to 4 turns out, started great when cold and idle dropped down right away but the more I rode it the more the idle liked to hang up and it seemed to get more rough when warmed up? the instructions stated a hanging idle is a lean condition but since its getting worse when hot so that indicates a rich condition.
        Any help will be appreciated

Comment

It's quite simple, at 4 turns out, you are rich as hell. I have no idea where you are reading that people turn them out more than 2.5 turn, but no they don't. Perhaps you are confusing FP with Ivans kit. Ivans is 4 turns out. FP is 2.5. I have done more FP jet kits than probably half of this forum combined. As long as the pilot circuit is actually clean, you NEVER need more than 2.5 turns out, period.
          Last edited by arsenic; 09-25-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you I will do that, should have just followed the instructions in the first place. I probably did confuse the Ivans and Factory Pro when looking up old posts.

Comment

you have a 98-06 750. What pilot jets are you using? 12.5 or 15?

Comment

I am using the 15 pilot jets, the needle is on the 3rd groove and has the stock 117.5 mains with float height set to 14mm

Comment

So, you followed the directions too the letter on that, but said **** it on the A/F screw part?

Comment

lol kind of, its just a pain in the *** to get to those screws so I was hoping I could of set it once and left it

You live and you learn then

Comment

You can set it once and be done. 2.5 turns out.

Comment

Turned the mixture screw out to 2.5x and everythings running great. Should of just followed the directions, anyway thanks arsenic!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

What settings are you running on the FP jet kit? I've had my FP stage 1 jet kit for over a month but waiting till winter to install, having to much fun with the bike now.

My bike is not completely stock but my stock tune doesn't seem to be causing any run issues, I have my A/F screws at 3 turns (stock carbs). Ive done new stock plugs,new stock air filter, new coil wires, coil relay mod (12 gauge wire straight to the coils), poor man ignition advance mod 3-4* advance, and a full V&H supersport exhaust. Just want a good base setting for my setup so I'm not messing with them too much.
                            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                              What settings are you running on the FP jet kit? I've had my FP stage 1 jet kit for over a month but waiting till winter to install, having to much fun with the bike now.

My bike is not completely stock but my stock tune doesn't seem to be causing any run issues, I have my A/F screws at 3 turns (stock carbs). Ive done new stock plugs,new stock air filter, new coil wires, coil relay mod (12 gauge wire straight to the coils), poor man ignition advance mod 3-4* advance, and a full V&H supersport exhaust. Just want a good base setting for my setup so I'm not messing with them too much.
                              1.) Read the instructions with the kit.

2.)
                              Originally posted by pnut1236 View Post
                              I am using the 15 pilot jets, the needle is on the 3rd groove and has the stock 117.5 mains with float height set to 14mm

3.) I guess my point is READ.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X