X

O-rings replacement in 92 carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-rings replacement in 92 carbs

Well when I got her she only ran with the choke either fully or halfway on, I ordered some o-rings from oringsusa and figured since I'm gonna be tearing it apart I might as well replace the orings and check all the jets needles ect, when I go to cleaning out the pilot jet an cleaning the circuit I was just gonna use compressed air to blow any junk out, does anyone have anything else I should do while I have them off, or any tips/tricks to make my job as easy as possible? Thanks ahead of time guys

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
    Well when I got her she only ran with the choke either fully or halfway on, I ordered some o-rings from oringsusa and figured since I'm gonna be tearing it apart I might as well replace the orings and check all the jets needles ect, when I go to cleaning out the pilot jet an cleaning the circuit I was just gonna use compressed air to blow any junk out, does anyone have anything else I should do while I have them off, or any tips/tricks to make my job as easy as possible? Thanks ahead of time guys

Use a chem dip. Most auto stores and walmart carry it for around $20 for a can.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Should I dip overnight or can I just get a can of carb cleaner? Man your fast krey

Comment

Should I dip overnight or can I just get a can of carb cleaner? Man your fast krey

Carb dip disolves can softens the stuff you want removed.

Can of carb spray cleaner = washes off the loose stuff, and disolved crap, and dip cleaner. Won't remove most hardened deposits well.

Then blow with compressed air to clean out spray cleaner and have dry carbs.

Then re-assemble.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks I shall dip! On my way to the store now

Hey krey will it be easier to take the tank off or can I do it without?
          Last edited by DaBears; 09-03-2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks I shall dip! On my way to the store now

Hey krey will it be easier to take the tank off or can I do it without?

Um... you have to remove the gas tank to get to the carbs.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Krey do you know what these black rubber caps are for?? They don't have a whole in them they just seem to plug the pilot jets?? I'm confused as to take them off and leave them off?

Comment

They are supposed to be there. Very necessary. Do not "leave them off". Replace the old ones with new ones.

Comment

Weird cause when I tore apart the carb to my gix those weren't there

Comment

That's because on GSXR's they aren't there. The 89-97 Katana 750 uses BST36SS carbs. The 88-89 GSXR 750 uses BST36SS carbs. Both use 32.5 pilot jets. The Katana has pilot jet plugs, the GSXR does not.

Comment

Hmm maybe a form of detuning them
                      Anywho I got her cleaned up and man does she run like a top! thanks for the help guys now I can worry about cosmetics and getting her stretched with a 5.5 wheel! I'm so glad I didn't run into any big problems, only thing that gave me a headache besides the fumes were the stupid bowl screws which I had to dremel a slot into them to remove. I did replace them with socket cap bolts

Oh and another thing I tried running her without the factory airbox an KN filter but it ran like *** so I put the stock box back on and viola she revs thru the whole rpm range

Lastly, the previous owner didn't have the know how to go thru the carbs and clean so he just put seafoam into a tank of gas...is it okay for me to run it thru or should I try to empty the tank and fill it with fresh gas?

Comment

Oh and another thing I tried running her without the factory airbox an KN filter but it ran like *** so I put the stock box back on and viola she revs thru the whole rpm range
                        Thank you captain obvious.

Comment

Well it's got an aftermarket pipe I figured it would help

Comment

Working...
                          X