X

dropped bike, wont start with starter switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped bike, wont start with starter switch

I dropped my 2006 katana, just some scratches i wasnt moving at all. now it will not start using the start button. when i hit the start button the light dim like normal but the starter doesnt engage.i took a screw driver and made a connection between the two screws at the solenoid and the bike started right up. i drove it a little bit and turned it off and again the same problem lights dim when i hit the start button but nothing no sound. i am holding the clutch and the kill switch is in the correct position. can somebody help me please?

ck sidestand switch
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

ok upon further research i have discovered that something is wrong with the clutch safety switch. i unpluged the plug going into the clutch and put a metal wire connecting the two wires on the plug and the bike will start up. now my question is can it be fixed or do i need to buy a new part?

Comment

Sometimes you can take them apart and fix them but normally they need to be replaced. I did the same thing like 6 months ago and just jumpered it like you did while I was waiting on my part, I then started to like to be able to start my bike with one hand while I was gearing up beside it. so Ive left it and have the part sitting on the shelf. Just make sure your out of gear before you push the button. Basically dont be a moron and you will be just fine.

Comment

alright Thank You

Comment

I connected the wires with a fuse, bypassing the switch.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
            X