X

93 Kat Vacuum Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat Vacuum Problems

Hello again everyone... i hope this is the last installment of my bike problem saga... when i last posted on here i had a slew of issues w/ my bike, carbs needed to be cleaned, idle screw wasn't working, choke wasn't actuating, they needed to be synced and so on and so forth... everything is now finished on the bike but according to the shop i took my bike to the 3rd carb or the one w/ the idle adjustment screw wasn't registering any vacuum at all when they hooked up the synchronizer tool to it... he told me he wasn't 100% sure exactly what it was yet and that i may have to end up buying a new carb... but he did say they got the idle down to where it was supposed to be and that when they ran a compression test on the engine all cylinders were registering the correct psi... he said he was going to fire it up and run it up and down the street to see if it was running properly and call me back... does anyone have any idea what could be causing this... i can't afford to dump another 300-400 dollars into this...
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway.

ok so i called the shop back and he still hasn't ridden it yet but he said because all the cylinders are registering good compression that there is a chance the 3rd carb is doing it's job... he said it could just be a blocked port where they had to hook the sync tool up at... and that could have caused the sync tool to not pick up on any vacuum pressure... does that sound logical or do you guys think there may be something else going on here?
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway.

Comment

I'm thinking that the sync port is clogged on #3
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

that's what he said too... he said everything else checks out, and it appears to be operating normally except for that one carb... like i said in my previous post he thought that it may very well be normal but that the port could be blocked... he said the float bowl has gas, and compression inside the engine's cylinders are good... so is that what you think it is?

Comment

update: in case anyone was wondering it did turn out to be a blocked sync port... i ended up freaking out over nothing...

Comment

Working...
          X