Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I feel like a ****ing idiot(Carb assembly issues)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a ****ing idiot(Carb assembly issues)

hey guys, so i have my carbs all off the rail separated from each other(guided by carbs 102 of course) but im having problems putting them back together mostly being able to put that spring that holds the 2 mechanisms that open the carbs together.it's just extremely hard(and risky, i had the spring jump out 2 times and got lucky that i found it).It just seems like there is an easy way to do it and i am going full retard.
    Last edited by steves; 08-28-2012, 01:07 PM. Reason: F bombs in the gif

Originally posted by niko44 View Post
    hey guys, so i have my carbs all off the rail separated from each other(guided by carbs 102 of course) but im having problems putting them back together mostly being able to put that spring that holds the 2 mechanisms that open the carbs together.it's just extremely hard(and risky, i had the spring jump out 2 times and got lucky that i found it).It just seems like there is an easy way to do it and i am going full retard.

I ussually slide the carb bodies together and place it so one spring is in correctly. The other I use a small flat head with the tip inserted/pushed into the coil of the last wind of the spring on one end. Put the other end of that spring, opposite from where the screwdriver tip is, in first on the indention that holds it in place. Then carefully compress the spring and it should just tip right in.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What Krey said....

I found that the best method for me was using needle nose pliers and positioning the spring so that about half of it hung out over the side edge of the gripping surface. You have to be careful to make sure you get it in there so the pliers have a good grip and if you accidentally bump it, it wont take off like you mentioned.

It can be a pain... just like everything else, patience will pay off!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I ussually slide the carb bodies together and place it so one spring is in correctly. The other I use a small flat head with the tip inserted/pushed into the coil of the last wind of the spring on one end. Put the other end of that spring, opposite from where the screwdriver tip is, in first on the indention that holds it in place. Then carefully compress the spring and it should just tip right in.

Krey
        This worked!thanks for the help!!!made it much easier

Comment

Watch the f bombs in the gifs. We try to keep things fairly tidy here.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Watch the f bombs in the gifs. We try to keep things fairly tidy here.
            Sorry bout that.

Comment

Working...
            X