X

runs, then dies out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runs, then dies out.

Hey guys, i got a 93 gsx 600f. i just got it back from the shop a few days ago. It runs great but on occasion at stops just dies out. Won't start at all, wont even crank at all when i press the start button. im thinking clutch sensor? Any thoughts?

Mine has a loose connection under the tank that acts up sometimes. I have to wiggle the connector and it starts working right.
    --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
    --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

yeah i know exactly what connection you're talking about. the one right under the tank? wiggling it around fixed your problem? started it right up?

Comment

Maybe pres are different than posts in terms of that connection. I don't have (or don't recall seeing) any clutch connection under my tank. The clutch cable runs straight through that section. I do remember bike dying at stops before I cleaned my carbs, changed my spark plugs and charged my battery. Unfortunately, I did them altogether, so I'm not totally sure what the issue was. Did you just get the bike? Did you get the carbs cleaned?
        Extra life.

Comment

yeah i just recently bought the bike. I brought it to the shop for carb clean, drain, and synch. just got it back a few days ago. Runs a lot better now my only problem is the dying at stops. It dies out and wont crank at all. But if i wait about 10 minutes most of the time it starts up again. and then this problem repeats itself.

Comment

Originally posted by EC123 View Post
            yeah i know exactly what connection you're talking about. the one right under the tank? wiggling it around fixed your problem? started it right up?
            I would press the start button and the starter wouldn't crank the bike over. I would wiggle the connection and the starter would engage. I don't recall if I had power to everything.
            I haven't fixed it yet. It doesnt happen all the time.
            --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
            --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

Hmmm...sounds a lot like my issue before I personally clean my carbs. From reading on this forum at least, it seems that the overwhelming majority of shops do a terrible job of cleaning carbs. Do you know whether the PO had the bike sitting around for months/years? Or was it well taken care of and ridden?
              Extra life.

Comment

Sounds like your kick stand safety switch. If your kick stand drops it will shut the bike off and prevent it from starting. The clutch safety switch connections are under the tank. It will not kill the bike once running, it will prevent the bike from starting. IMO i would check the KSS switch and the play in your kick stand, I had an issue with the kick stand being too free, it would bounce at bumps in the road stalling the bike.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                X