X

Lack of power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of power

1999 gsx600f when taking off will rev out at 6rpm. If I rev it up in neutral it will bog down and slowly go up to 6rpm once it reaches that it will bounce between 5&6 rpms for a couple of seconds and then it will redline. I just bought the bike and see it has a yoshi exhaust and an air box with a k&n inside.

You really need to so some research. http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...ecial:AllPages

I'd pull out the K&N, put a stock air filter in there.

Al

Comment

+1, K&N filters and kats do not get along well together. replace ASAP with OEM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Katana 600s seem to be plagued with the lack of power problem...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Down load carbs 102 and swap out k&n for oem
          Ride like it's your last ride
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help I will work on getting that replaced. Would that be the only thing causing problems?

Comment

No, in fact that isn't your problem, but it's not helping things. Don't think you're gonna switch air filters and your problem will go away. That's not the case. You know the part about "download carbs 102"? You need to do some carburetors work.

Comment

I followed carbs 102 took care of the sticking at 5_6 rpms now it won't go any faster than 45 at 9 rpms in first and every gear after just goes slower. I set the airflow screw at 2.5 for the exhaust. Thanks for the help its really appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X