X

Drive Chain Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Chain Links

Hey guys, I am replacing my chain today and through extensive searching online I found my bike (91 Kat 600) needs a chain with 118 Links. I went to put the new chain on and it looks way too long. I have a chain breaker tool set but don't want to remove any links just in case there's something I'm missing. I haven't moved the swing arm or rear tire, I'm a little confused. Anyone have any tips? Is a 91 Kat 600 O-Ring chain supposed to have 118 Links? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if this is a subject someone else has posted about, I tried the search option and couldn't find anything like this. Thanks again!

Just checked the Suzuki manual it says 112 links. So you will have to remove 6 links if my maths is correct!

Comment

Remove what you need to make it tight, but not to tight.
      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

That depends what your gearing is.

Comment

How many links are on old chain?
          Ride like it's your last ride
          sigpic

Comment

98-06 600 is 118. pre 98 600 is 112. That's with stock gearing though.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              That depends what your gearing is.
              This is the only correct answer.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks guys, i got rid of a few links and it fits beautifully. time to go for a nice ride!

Comment

Working...
                X