X

newb ? white smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb ? white smoke

i recently picked up a 02 gsx600f with 8k miles bike had sat for a month in a barn when i picked it up i had the battery replaced spark plugs oil and carbs done. the bike ran fine for a few days then the throttle cable poped off its perch under the tank i removed the tank and spilled a good bit of gas over the air box i know stupid should have turned the fuel off . well i cleaned every thing up fixed the throttle and the bike ran great only know im getting drafts of white smoke from exauhst any idea what ive done wrong

Sounds like it's on prime it shouldn't leak gas unless it's running in the on position...
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
      Sounds like it's on prime it shouldn't leak gas unless it's running in the on position...
      It shouldnt leak gas on ANY position as long as your float needles arent sticking, which is exactly what happens with a bike that sits.

Carb clean.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

He said he spilled gas getting tank off...

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
          He said he spilled gas getting tank off...
          Also said the smoke is coming from the exhaust, which would have nothing to do with spilled gas.

But yes, if you spilled a bunch of gas removing the tank the petcock was on prime. A little bit is normal.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i just rode about 15 miles from my job back home ride has fine but seemed to bog a little in first while under 5k revs any thought im probably gonna tear it down in the morning and clean everything again and replace the oil.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to clean but make sure it's not on prime.

Comment

If gas collects in your exhaust, you'll get white smoke for a few miles, nothing to worry about.

Now if it doesn't go away after 4-5 miles, you should start worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by demarianx View Post
                  i just rode about 15 miles from my job back home ride has fine but seemed to bog a little in first while under 5k revs any thought im probably gonna tear it down in the morning and clean everything again and replace the oil.
                  DIP and clean carbs
                  Ride like it's your last ride
                  sigpic

Comment

so i tore it all down and tested everything and cleaned everything i could no more smoke yay i even seafoamed the bike found that my choke cable is seized and i cant idle below 2k for more than 3-4 mins without bike dying tride adjusting idle but it still sucks doesn't affect ride but would like to find a answer

Comment

Working...
                    X