93 Kat 600 Front Forks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat 600 Front Forks

Hello everyone,

I have a 93 gsx 600f that I picked up for a couple hundred bucks. Needless to say, it needs some work. The bike has been sitting for a couple years, and of course the carbs need cleaning, gas needs draining, ect. My real problem is with the front forks. It seems that when I compress them, they barely rebound. Any ideas why this might be? Im not too informed on the forks although I have the manual.

Originally posted by ccruicz View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a 93 gsx 600f that I picked up for a couple hundred bucks. Needless to say, it needs some work. The bike has been sitting for a couple years, and of course the carbs need cleaning, gas needs draining, ect. My real problem is with the front forks. It seems that when I compress them, they barely rebound. Any ideas why this might be? Im not too informed on the forks although I have the manual.
    Take em off, pull them apart. Inspect them, clean them, replace parts if nessasary that are damaged. New oil, new seals, and you shuold be good to go.

That said, I strongly recomend that you replace the springs with new ones that match your weight and riding style. Also consider emulators... yes, they are expensive, but DANG do they make a HUGE difference in how the forks perform. Well worth it.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the info. How hard is it to rebuild forks? I've never done that before.

Originally posted by ccruicz View Post
      Thanks for the info. How hard is it to rebuild forks? I've never done that before.
      By that I mean putting new seals on there and doing the oil.
      Last edited by ccruicz; 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Not that hard with a few simple tricks. There is a video that covers the entire process of the tear down. Putting it back together is simply going in revers. Check out the website for the vid by black peter.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the tips !

Comment

Working...
          X