X

Idles high when warm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idles high when warm

Bike 92 suzuki kat 750 after it warms up it shoots up to like 7000 rpm, i have tried fiddleing with the idle adjust screw didnt really make much of a difference, Befor this it started running weird at 3000 rpm's i looked in on it found out the throttle cable was pinched while not in use, readjusted it ran at its 1200 rpm sweet spot for a min or two then after it got up to riding temp the rpm's shot up.

I am having the same issue. Will idle correctly until the engine warms up, a couple minutes later, shoots up to over 5000.

Comment

choke sticking?
      -Brandon

Comment

Did you try turning down the idle screw??? You want to turn it to the LEFT (as in "loosen")
        It would take quite a number of turns to crank it down from 7000 RPMs so dont get flustered if it doesnt go down when you immediately touch it.

Comment

i was working on a bike with the same issue only his problem was some clown plugged off all the idle jets so it ran off the mid and main jets. Took the plugs out and it ran just fine and idled where it was supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
            i was working on a bike with the same issue only his problem was some clown plugged off all the idle jets so it ran off the mid and main jets. Took the plugs out and it ran just fine and idled where it was supposed to.
            Haha what are these "plugs" your talking about? The black rubber plugs that were in the pilot holes???

Those are supposed to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
              Haha what are these "plugs" your talking about? The black rubber plugs that were in the pilot holes???

Those are supposed to be there.
              lol Thants funny stuff, the bike ran 10 times better without hmm intresting.

Comment

make sure the airbox has no leaks around the boots or hoses. there is a vent hose from valve cover and a drain hose that needs to be plugged.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                X