X

cuts out at 10k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuts out at 10k

As i was getting on the highway last night i was in firts gear and gave her the ol WOT... right at 10k rpm the motor cut out, dropped to 9k and jumped to 11k then back down to 10k, but if i held the clutch in and reved it, it hit the limiter just fine? any ideas or suggestions would be appriciated

BIke is a 99 600, all stock except for vance and hines ss2r slip on, this was the first time it had sone this.. just curious to what it might have been?

noone wants to touch this one huh? lol

Comment

Not sure....But...

I've seen similar stuff happen to trucks and cars, a spark plug tune up fixed it usually. Kinda just a shot in the dark IMO, I'm pretty new to motorcycles and KR. could be spark or carb... hard to say for sure though
      92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

thats kind of what i was thinking, maybe the porcelin is cracked or something, and when it gets to that point the vibration messes with it more? ill have to pull them out and look, might as well jsut replace them while theyre out too.. thanks man!

Comment

I had an old CBR that wouldn't run at high RPM, turned out to be a dirty fuel filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
            I had an old CBR that wouldn't run at high RPM, turned out to be a dirty fuel filter.

oh it runs like a striped a** ape lol just cuts at 10k rpm sometimes, although i rode for a coup[le hours last night and had no problem what-so-ever.. kinda wierd

Comment

Originally posted by Black_99_GSXF View Post
              oh it runs like a striped a** ape lol just cuts at 10k rpm sometimes, although i rode for a coup[le hours last night and had no problem what-so-ever.. kinda wierd
              That's what I meant. The CBR ran perfectly at lower RPMs but when I wound it up, it quit. Mine cut out lower though, around 8k RPM, and really quit as in engine off, pull over and hope it starts again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                That's what I meant. The CBR ran perfectly at lower RPMs but when I wound it up, it quit. Mine cut out lower though, around 8k RPM, and really quit as in engine off, pull over and hope it starts again.

cool ill have to check that when i get home! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X