X

Wheel bearing noise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing noise?

I am hearing a fairly high pitched whine when I go any faster than 20 mph. I think its coming from the front end. Theres no heat in the hub when I ride for a distance and I doesn't change pitch or anything when I am turning or anything like that. My front brake pads are starting to run thin but I think there is some life still left in them.

How long to wheel bearings usually last?

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I ride a 1990 600 with about 14000 miles on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

how about your chain? how does it feel? how much play?
    -Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
      how about your chain? how does it feel? how much play?
      Just changed the chain, the old one had some links that were binding. The new one is nicely adjusted and my alignment is within 1/16th of an inch from swingarm pivot to axel bolt on each side.

Comment

for the price of a all balls set , open up and replace
        when were they done last ?
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Better still - just go to a bearing supplier and ask for a pair of 15X42X13 sealed bearings - preferably x-japan. The pair should cost you less than $10.

6302-2RS Sealed Ball Bearing 15 x 42 x 13 mm 6302-2RS Sealed Ball Bearing, the 6302-2RS inner diameter is 15mm, 6302-2RS outer diameter is 42mm and the 6302-2RS width is 13mm, 6302-2RS Bearing is made of Chrome Steel, 6302-2RS bearing has 2 Rubber Seals to protect the bearing from dust or any possible contamination,
          Last edited by TRPUT; 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
            Better still - just go to a bearing supplier and ask for a pair of 15X42X13 sealed bearings - preferably x-japan. The pair should cost you less than $10.
            They don't come with the seals, and they aren't necessarily rated to handle to speed, temps, loads, and conditions seen on a bike.

Besides, $10 and some change will get you the AllBalls setup for the front of a '90 Kat complete with replacement seals.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              They don't come with the seals, and they aren't necessarily rated to handle to speed, temps, loads, and conditions seen on a bike.

Besides, $10 and some change will get you the AllBalls setup for the front of a '90 Kat complete with replacement seals.
              Specs on speed, temp etc suggest they are fine and bikes are a listed application on the ones I bought. But you're right - they don't come as a kit with seals. However, the bearing shop was happy to "throw in" the required seals.

$10!! Over here, an All Balls set was $40 delivered. .

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                $10!! Over here, an All Balls set was $40 delivered. .
                At that price, yeah, I'd be running whatever.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X