X

Idle screw location

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle screw location

Hello all! I'm very new to this and it may sound like a stupid question to most. I have a 1995 600 Kat and cannot seem to find the idle screw. My two attachments are pics of the carb. Help!
    Attached Files

It's not on the carb....should be a large knob under the left hand carb sitting in a bracket bolted to the carb bowl.

Comment

Comment

I thought that was it! Tried turning it but it just wont budge... Would WD40 work? or not such a great idea?

Comment

Need to take it off and lube the threads before you break it. It goes into the center of the carbs, and from the look of them they could use a good leaning too.

Comment

You might get lucky, but chances are it won't do a damn thing.

Comment

Ok thanks so much! Like I said I'm completely new to this. Just bought the bike a couple days ago and learning as I go. Once again thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Frantzy1175 View Post
                I thought that was it! Tried turning it but it just wont budge... Would WD40 work? or not such a great idea?
                Actually the most likely cause of it not turning is the rubber sheath over the flexible cable of the adjuster is now rock hard and in a U shape.

Your probably gonna have to cut the sheath off at the least, or replace with a new one if you want it stock.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i had a similar problem with a brake light cable on another bike. The whole cable assembly had rusted from end to end. I did not figure this out however until I had applied too much pressure and heard a loud SNAP. I don't know if you can order just the idle screw cable assembly or not, but it shouldn't be to hard to replace if you can find one.

Comment

Working...
                  X