Neutral switch revisited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral switch revisited

Hello all,
    I have a 2004 Kat which has been great for the last year or so. Last week after being out in some heavy rain 2 problems have arisen.
    The first is that the neutral light doesn't come on after the bike gets hot and she won't start with the side stand down in neutral. No big deal, I have read all the relevant threads on here and have concluded that the switch is probably at fault rather than the relay or wiring. I have an oil change due at the end of the month so I figured I would change it out then.

However, the second problem is more troublesome and urgent since I use the bike to commute to work and I just want to rule out ( or in) a connection between the 2 before I continue.

All the way through the gears at at all revs I get a stuttering which feels electrical rather than fuel to me. I can get up to speed ok but the stuttering persists all the time.
    I have checked the battery, coils, changed the plugs and, because I am not really good a diagnosing this sort of fault, I have put dry fuel (gas) in the tank cleaned the strainer and changed the fuel filter.

The problem only occurs under load, she will rev happily in neutral.

Any advice is greatly appreciated but the question I am really asking is, is it possible that the faulty neutral switch is causing the the other problem.

Thanks

Jon

Stuttering is probably a sidestand switch full of water....bypass it and find out.

Comment

Will try that in th morning thanks.

Comment

By-passed the side stand switch but the adult remains, but thx for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
        X