X

Maintenance Q's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Q's

Ok, Im sure there are about 1000 diffrent threads on here, but Im about to go take care of my Dad's remains, been working on the Kat to keep me busy.

My 93 600 Kat
    So this bike probably has about 40K miles on it, and I have no idea what has been done to her so far, and in what time frame. Just got her running, THanx Arsenic and others for the carb help...
    Ok, on to my actual question, what maintenance should I do in what order?
    I have changed the oil/filter, sparkplugs, flushed break fluid, breakpads are good, new tires, and the right size, thanx again for the help with all that, so.. what next?

and whats in what priority order, Im thinking stuff like adjust valves, check chain tention, lube cables and so on...

Entire service schedule is here....

Comment

who knows what has been done to it prior to this. but I assume very little has been done , which is very often the truth.

therefore I recomend a full service on the brakes , new stainless steel lines, and caliper rebuild, probably a lot of gunk in there.

second the fork oil is probably black by now. at the very least , change the oil but preferably a full overhaul of the forks.

new air filter, , and valve adjustment would probably be a good idea. check the wheel bearings, check the steering bearings, probably new chain and sprockets should keep you busy
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

translated

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        Entire service schedule is here....

http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...ervice_manuals

RTFM.... "read this fine manual"... I actually have the old fashion paperback...the battery's just dont die on that thing...

Comment

Bottom line is if you don't know when it was done last do it so you know.

Comment

Agreed, was more of a where to start, whats the priority's, not should I do it

Comment

Rubber always inspect all rubber and
              change the stuff thats old, hard, or cracked.
              fluids and their containers (ie gas tank)
              Brakes and suspension
              chain and sprockets

Comment

Working...
              X