X

post kat mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post kat mods

Im just wondering if anyone here has swapped their post 750 with gsxr 750 engine parts and other aftermarket mods to increase the hp of the motor.
    Im thinking a jet kit, gsxr 750 cams, full exhaust, and sprocket changes could make this bike stay next to modern day 600's even though it was not designed as a race bike.
    Has anyone done the cam swap with the other mods listed and if so, did you notice a increase in performance or bring it to a dyno to prove the hp increase?
    Im just looking to get a little more grunt outta the Kat without a engine swap or complete teardown.

It wont stick next to modern day 600s unless you beef up an 1127, your katana is still close to 100lbs heavier and even the 750 is down on ponies compared to a 600.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut1236 View Post
      Im just looking to get a little more grunt outta the Kat without a engine swap or complete teardown.
      Never gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Never gonna happen.
        All that stuff at least has to be good for 10+hp, I would be happy to get it up to 100hp since the stock rating is at least 90 I think

Comment

think again adding a jet kit does not add horse power. It alters the fuel curve. The engine makes the horse power. The ONLY way you increase horse power is increasing displacement.

Comment

think again adding a jet kit does not add horse power. It alters the fuel curve. The engine makes the horse power. The ONLY way you increase horse power is increasing displacement.
            Sounds about right lol forgive me as I am learning how all this stuff works together

Comment

Originally posted by pnut1236 View Post
              Sounds about right lol forgive me as I am learning how all this stuff works together
              Think of it this way... an engine is just a big air pump. The more fuel you put in to it, the more air you are able to move through it, which equals more power (very basic explanation). Then, you need to find the best mixture of the two (tuning) for maximum power output.

Comment

That's kind of a bad explanation. By that logic K&N pods should be awesome.

Comment

The ONLY way you increase horse power is increasing displacement.
                  Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
                    Huh?
                    Okay, how can I make this as simple as possible. If you want more horse power you need to do 1 of 2 things, or both. 1) make the bore (the diameter of the piston) bigger. 2) make the stroke (the distance the piston moves up and down) longer. Or just put a bigger engine in it.

Comment

That's kind of a bad explanation. By that logic K&N pods should be awesome.
                      It is kind of bad.. but you get what Im saying. Its a just a general statement that isnt propitiatory to Katanas. With pretty much any engine, more fuel, more air, and the correct tuning leads to more power. Again, thats just a general statement, but you follow what I mean, Im sure.

If you want more horse power you need to do 1 of 2 things, or both. 1) make the bore (the diameter of the piston) bigger. 2) make the stroke (the distance the piston moves up and down) longer. Or just put a bigger engine in it.
                      Or a turbo

Comment

Originally posted by green_bread View Post
                        It is kind of bad.. but you get what Im saying. Its a just a general statement that isnt propitiatory to Katanas. With pretty much any engine, more fuel, more air, and the correct tuning leads to more power. Again, thats just a general statement, but you follow what I mean, Im sure.

Or a turbo
                        Thats what I thought, I was told the more air and fuel you can put into an engine the more power it makes. Like adding a turbo to an engine of the same size will result in more power than the non turbo engine because there is more air/fuel getting pushed into it. Also wouldnt the gsxr cams allow for longer intake duration which will let the engine suck in more fuel and air?

Comment

What are you hoping for there? +2 HP maybe.

Originally posted by green_bread View Post
                          Or a turbo
                          You're dealing with constant velocity carburetors as your fueling system. Which makes thing like K&N pods (and a turbo especially) a bad idea. But I get what you're saying, no doubt.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I love my kat,,,the performance it has reliabilty and what not,,,but if yur gona put money into it like that,,,save the trouble and get a gixxer or cbr,,,i hear the r6 is pretty nasty

Comment

Originally posted by zukilover View Post
                              I love my kat,,,the performance it has reliabilty and what not,,,but if yur gona put money into it like that,,,save the trouble and get a gixxer or cbr,,,i hear the r6 is pretty nasty
                              Yeah its pretty "nasty," as in "wow that bike is weak is hell, thats so nasty"
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X